Toddlers born in 2020 are eligible to apply for pre-nursery (PN) applications for the 2022-23 academic year from 1 to 30 April 2022 through the ESF Central Admissions application form.
For application please have the following documents ready to upload:
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the child is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the parent is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Two documents for proof of Hong Kong address (click here to view the list);
Children born between January and August will start pre-nursery at the beginning of the academic year. Children born between September and December will join once they are two years old.
Priority will be based on the following ranked criteria:
- Children of full-time teaching staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Ltd.;
- Children of full-time support staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Ltd.;
- Siblings of students already attending an ESF school;
- Children of former students who have attended an ESF school for a minimum of three years;
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
All pre-nursery applications received during April will be processed and sorted by a computer-generated random number and the priority. The process for making offers for PN will start in May. Working through the list, parents will be invited to talk with a member of the senior leadership team and to submit a short video of their child engaged in play. The purpose of this process is to determine whether the kindergarten is an appropriate setting for the child. Offers of places will be made after the conversations and will continue to be made until all places are filled. Some parents may not be invited to talk with the leadership team in the event that places have been filled.
A non-transferable and non-refundable fee of HK$40 applies to all pre-nursery applications.
Overseas passport holders will receive priority over local passport holders.
Monthly fees for five morning or afternoon sessions per week are HK$11,500.
|Child born between||Submit application form||Academic year|
|January – December 2020||1 – 30 April 2022||2022 – 2023|
|January – December 2021||1 – 30 April 2023||2023 – 2024|
|January – December 2022||1 – 30 April 2024||2024 – 2025|
Please note that the criteria and admissions into one of ESF’s kindergartens is a separate application process for parents. For more information on how to apply for a K1 place, please see the admissions tab on our website where you will be directed to the central admissions website.