Home School Partnership
Partnership between parents and teachers is very important to us at Tung Chung Kindergarten.
Each child has a daily communication book for parents and teachers to communicate short messages. Urgent messages, such as last minute changes to pick-up plans, can be delivered by phone and not email.
Parents are also invited to sign up for a range of volunteer opportunities throughout the year. We welcome parents to share their experiences connected to our unit of inquiry.
As part of our commitment to working with parents as partners, Tung Chung Kindergarten offers a number of workshops during the year to parents. These are delivered by teaching staff and sometimes by outside providers, to allow parents to develop further understanding of our programme and relevant issues concerning early childhood development.
Evening Workshops and Presentations
Our evening sessions are typically delivered in presentation or workshop style and cover a broad range of topics. We have recently held the following workshops with more coming soon in the weeks and months ahead:
- Year 1 Admissions Parent Presentation
- K1 Welcome to TCK Parent Presentation
- K2 Welcome to TCK Parent Presentation
- Parent Information Session on Private Therapy Services at TCK
- Workshop on Technology and the Younger Learner
- “I am an Author” Parent Presentation
- “Strengthening Home School Partnerships to Enhance your Child’s Learning” Parent Presentation